The CIW Social Media Strategy Specialist Course focuses on the use of social media in business and teaches students how to create social media campaigns, and how you can analyse and present data in order to address organisational issues and make appropriate business decisions.
This course will also cover the foundations of social media technologies, communication methods and how to engage consumers using various tools.
This course is part of the new CIW Web and Mobile Design Professional Series and prepares you to take the CIW ID0-623 exam.
We are proud to be an authorized training partner for CIW course materials and we offer the official Certified Internet Webmaster (CIW) self study courses.
CIW Web and Mobile Design Professional Series:
The CIW Social Media Strategy Specialist Course is one of seven titles that will make up the CIW Web and Mobile Design Professional Series of qualifications. Each course leads to an individual CIW exam:
- CIW Advanced HTML5 and CSS3 Specialist
- CIW User Interface Design Specialist
- CIW Multimedia Specialist
- CIW Social Media Strategy Specialist
- CIW Mobile Applications
- CIW E-Commerce Specialist
- CIW Social Media Strategy Specialist
The CIW Social Media Strategy Specialist Course includes the following items:
- Access to your official CIW 1D0-623 CIW Social Media Strategy Specialist syllabus online course material through our online portal. The CIW online course material gives students access to digital versions of the course books and includes: Pre-Assessment, Exercises, Quizes and Flashcards, Videos, and Practice Exams. (1 Year Online License).
- Hard copy of the official CIW course book covering the full CIW Social Media Strategy Specialist 1D0-623 syllabus. (Delivered within 5-10 working days).
Purchase a CIW Exam Voucher: You can also order an optional PSI Exam Voucher (£120.00) when ordering via our website (Valid for 12 months from purchase). This can be added to your order as an additional extra in the shopping cart.
- CIW Social Media Strategy Specialist Course Books (Online Access – 1 Year License & Hard Copy)
This course starts with the fundamentals of social media technologies and looks at the communication methods used and how you can engage consumers using various tools. The course will focus on how social media is used in a corporate settings, and how you can use social media to boost brand awareness and achieve your desired goals.
Students will also learn how to build social media strategies and tactics, build and manage campaigns, and develop social media content. The course will cover the main social media platforms and will look at how and when to utilise each platform. You will also learn how to plan, develop, promote, deliver, present, and analyse social media activities and will learn about how risks, reputation, crisis response, advertising and promoting are managed and maintained. Finally, the course will also teach you how metrics, analytics, reporting and social media optimisation drive business goals and strategies.
- Explain business uses of social media.
- Identify steps involved in a creating successful social media campaign.
- Discuss crowdsourcing and crowdshaping strategies.
- Identify strategies and tactics for creating and using folksonomies.
- Summarize and deploy typical social media metrics.
- Explain the concept of gamification in relation to social media, including peer-based endorsements.
- Identify and use tactics for gathering and analysing data.
- Explain specific user-tracking techniques.
- Track virtual and brick-and-mortar business using social media and Web technologies.
- Explain and interpret data reuse strategies.
- Create reports about strengths and deficiencies of existing social media strategies.
Please review the full description of the course content for further information about the complete range of subjects.
The Online Course Content includes the following features:
- Exercises, Quizzes and Flashcards (Online Access – 1 Year License)
Each lesson comes with Exercises, Flashcards & Quizzes. There is no limit to the number of times learners can attempt these. Exercises come with detailed remediation, which ensures that learners are confident on the topic before proceeding. Flashcards help master the key concepts while the Glossary defines the key terms. There is over 800 unique questions including pre-assessment, quizzes, exercises, and post assessment.
- Videos and How To: (Online Access – 1 Year License)
The course includes videos to help understand concepts. It also includes How Tos that help learners in accomplishing certain tasks.
- Practice Tests (Online Access – 1 Year License)
The CIW Practice tests are full length tests that closely follow the exam objectives and are designed to simulate real exam conditions. Each course has a number of test sets consisting of hundreds of items to ensure that learners are prepared for the certification exam.
- Full Remediation: Each question comes with detailed remediation explaining not only why an answer option is correct, but also why it is incorrect.
- Unlimited Practice: Each test can be taken an unlimited number of times until the learner feels they are prepared. Learners can review the test and read detailed remediation. Detailed test history is also available.
- Learn, Test and Review Mode: Each test set comes with learn, test and review modes. In learn mode, learners will attempt a question and will get immediate feedback and complete remediation as they move on to the next question. In test mode, learners can take a timed test simulating the actual exam conditions. In review mode, learners can read through one item at a time without attempting it.
Please Note – Digital Course Materials: As the Official CIW Course Materials are a digital license, we cannot offer refunds once the access code has been issued to students. We advise students access a Free Trial of the course content from our Online Portal prior to purchase to make sure you are happy with the format and course content. Extensions for the online content can be purchased if you need to extend your studies. We will email students prior to their access expiring to see if they require a 3 or 6 month extension.
- PSI Exam Voucher (Optional – £120.00)
PSI Testing is a remote video proctoring service and allows you to take CIW exams from the comfort of your own home or office. The system requires an active webcam and stable high speed Internet connection. A live proctor will visually monitor the student and the exam during the entire testing session.
The CIW Social Media Strategist courseware requires an understanding of how internet technologies are used in business, HTML5 and CSS3 coding, and user experience development. Suggested prerequisites are the CIW Web Foundations Associate Course, the CIW Advanced HTML5 & CSS3 Specialist course and the CIW User Interface Designer course, or equivalent knowledge.
Course Duration & Support:
Students may register at any time. The course is designed as a self-study course but you do have full support from our own support team and from CIW. As the course is self study you can complete in as little or as long a time as you prefer. Students are registered for a 12 month period but can extend their studies if required.
On Completion of this curriculum, students can apply for the internationally recognised CIW Social Media Strategy Specialist 1D0-623 Examination.
CIW exams are completed via the PSI Remote testing system. The exam consists of 55 questions over 90 minutes and the passing score is 76.36%.