The CIW Web Foundations Associate Course covers the CIW 1D0-610 exam. This syllabus is the most popular vendor-neutral Web Design Certification in the world and is ideal for those who are new to web design or wish to update their digital literacy skills and will help to gain a well-rounded knowledge of web design & the web design industry.
CIW courses are designed by industry professionals to cover the most up to date web design subjects. The Web Foundations course is split into three separate sections (Internet Business Associate, Site Development Associate and Network Technology Associate) and includes the hottest topics in web design such as HTML5, CSS and other emerging Web technologies.
CIW Official Training Provider is proud to be an authorized training partner for CIW course materials and we offer the official Certified Internet Webmaster (CIW) self study courses.
The CIW Web Foundations Associate Course includes the following items:
- Access to your official CIW 1D0-610 CIW Web Foundations Associate syllabus online course materials (Internet Business Associate, Site Development Associate, Network Technology Associate and a CIW Exam Study Guide through our online portal. The CIW online course material gives students access to digital versions of their course books and includes: Pre-Assessment, Course Mastery, Movies, Exercises, Hands-on-Labs, Supplemental Materials and Practice Exams. (1 Year Online License).
- Hard copies of the official CIW course books covering the full CIW Foundations Associate 1D0-610 syllabus (Internet Business Associate, Site Development Associate and Network Technology Associate). (Delivered within 5-10 working days).
The CIW Web Foundations Associate home study course covers the individual Internet Business Associate, Site Development Associate and Network Technology Associate syllabus. As this is a beginner’s course we recommend students complete the single CIW Web Foundations Associate exam although it is possible to take each of the individual exams separately if that is your preference.
Purchase CIW Live Labs or an Exam Voucher: You can also order optional CIW Live Labs (£65.00) or a PSI Exam Voucher (£120.00) when ordering via our website (Valid for 12 months from purchase). Either item can be added to your order as an additional extra in the shopping cart.
The individual associate courses of the CIW Web Foundations Associate Course can be purchased for £200.00 each. Please contact our sales team if you would like to purchase an individual foundations associate course.
- CIW Business Internet Associate Course Book (Online Access – 1 Year License & Hard Copy)
The CIW Internet Business Associate unit prepares students to work effectively in today’s business environment. In this unit you learn about the tasks involved in various Web Technology job roles, and the skills and technologies required to perform them. The career opportunities that demand these common Web-based skills are endless.
The following topics are covered: Introduction to IT Business & Careers; Internet Communication; Introduction to Internet Technology; Protecting Yourself Online; Web Browsing; Multimedia on the Web; Internet Services & Tools for Business; Databases and Web Search Engines; Business Email and Personal Information Management; and IT Project & Program Management.
- CIW Site Development Associate Course Book (Online Access – 1 Year License & Hard Copy)
The CIW Site Development Associate unit teaches you essential Web page development skills. You will learn to develop Web sites using Hypertext Markup Language version 5 (HTML5) and Cascading Style Sheets (CSS). You will learn to write code manually, as well as use graphical user interface (GUI) authoring tools. You will also work with images, create hyperlinks, and add tables, forms, video and audio to your Web pages.
The following topics are covered: Markup Language and Site Development Essentials; HTML5 Coding; Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) and Graphical Elements; GUI HTML Editors and Mobile Web Sites; Hyperlinks, HTML Tables; Web Forms; Website Development for Business; Video, Audio and Image Techniques; and Extending HTML.
- CIW Network Technology Associate Course Book (Online Access – 1 Year License & Hard Copy)
The Network Technology Associate course prepares you for job readiness in many business and technology-related careers. Understanding the fundamentals of networking, Internet protocols and network security is important for all professionals who use the Internet.
The following topics are covered: Introduction to Networking; Networking Components and standards; Connecting to the Internet; Internet Services; Hardware and Device Connectivity; and Network and Cloud Security Risks.
- CIW Exam Study Guide (Online Access – 1 Year License)
The CIW Foundations course comes with an additional online Exam Study Guide which prepares you for the CIW E-Commerce 1D0-610 exam. This guide include overviews and information on how to take the exams, a table of all exam domains, objectives and sub-objectives, summarised content sections on what you need to know for the exam and sample exam questions.
The Online Course Content includes the following features:
- Exercises, Quizzes and Flashcards (Online Access – 1 Year License)
Each lesson comes with Exercises, Flashcards & Quizzes. There is no limit to the number of times learners can attempt these. Exercises come with detailed remediation, which ensures that learners are confident on the topic before proceeding. Flashcards help master the key concepts while the Glossary defines the key terms. There is over 800 unique questions including pre-assessment, quizzes, exercises, and post assessment.
- Videos and How To: (Online Access – 1 Year License)
The course includes videos to help understand concepts. It also includes How Tos that help learners in accomplishing certain tasks.
- Practice Tests (Online Access – 1 Year License)
The CIW Practice tests are full length tests that closely follow the exam objectives and are designed to simulate real exam conditions. Each course has a number of test sets consisting of hundreds of items to ensure that learners are prepared for the certification exam.
- Full Remediation: Each question comes with detailed remediation explaining not only why an answer option is correct, but also why it is incorrect.
- Unlimited Practice: Each test can be taken an unlimited number of times until the learner feels they are prepared. Learners can review the test and read detailed remediation. Detailed test history is also available.
- Learn, Test and Review Mode: Each test set comes with learn, test and review modes. In learn mode, learners will attempt a question and will get immediate feedback and complete remediation as they move on to the next question. In test mode, learners can take a timed test simulating the actual exam conditions. In review mode, learners can read through one item at a time without attempting it.
- Live Labs – Optional for £65.00 (Online Access – 1 Year License)
Live Labs gives access to a real computer equipment, networked together and conveniently accessible over the internet. The Live Labs have equipment such as a computer, server, switch or router in it so that a user is free to configure.
The benefits of live-labs are:
- Exam based practical tasks
- Real equipment, absolutely no simulations
- Access to the latest industry technologies
- Available anytime, anywhere on any device
- Break and Reset functionality
- No hardware costs
Please Note – Digital Course Materials: As the Official CIW Course Materials are a digital license, we cannot offer refunds once the access code has been issued to students. We advise students access a Free Trial of the course content from our Online Portal prior to purchase to make sure you are happy with the format and course content. Extensions for the online content can be purchased if you need to extend your studies. We will email students prior to their access expiring to see if they require a 3 or 6 month extension.
PSI Exam Voucher (Optional – £120.00)
PSI Testing is a remote video proctoring service and allows you to take CIW exams from the comfort of your own home or office. The system requires an active webcam and stable high speed Internet connection. A live proctor will visually monitor the student and the exam during the entire testing session.
The CIW Foundations Associate course is set out for beginners, although as this course uses online features we recommend a good general knowledge of IT, computers and Internet/Email use.
Course Duration & Support:
Students may register at any time. The course is designed as a self-study course but you do have full support from our own support team and from CIW. As the course is self study you can complete in as little or as long a time as you prefer. Students are registered for a 12 month period but can extend their studies if required.
CIW Web Foundations AssociateOn Completion of this curriculum, you can apply for the internationally recognised CIW 1D0-610 Examination.
CIW exams are completed via the PSI Remote testing system. The exam consists of 90 multiple choice/multiple answer questions over 90 minutes and the passing score is 63.33%.