The CIW Data Analyst Course will teach students how to use data to analyse all aspects of a company’s operation and make appropriate business decisions. It covers how to compare and contrast structured and unstructured data and you will teach how to deploy tools for capturing and analyzing data, including Hadoop, R Project, and custom database solutions.
The course also shows how to understand the information using the data obtained from new and traditional data sources, including Web and social media logs, marketing, sales, technical support, and customer relations and you will also learn how to determine relationships between organisational efforts and business outcomes. Finally, students will study the ways to capture and represent data, including creating dashboards, executive summaries, reports and charts, using both traditional and Web-based tools.
This course is part of the new CIW Web and Mobile Design Professional Series and prepares you to take the CIW ID0-622 exam.
We are proud to be an authorized training partner for CIW course materials and we offer the official Certified Internet Webmaster (CIW) self study courses.
CIW Web and Mobile Design Professional Series:
The CIW Data Analyst Course is one of seven titles that will make up the CIW Web and Mobile Design Professional Series of qualifications. Each course leads to an individual CIW exam:
- CIW Advanced HTML5 and CSS3 Specialist
- CIW User Interface Design Specialist
- CIW Multimedia Specialist
- CIW Social Media Strategy Specialist
- CIW Mobile Applications
- CIW E-Commerce Specialist
- CIW Data Analyst
The CIW Data Analyst Course includes the following items:
- Access to your official CIW 1D0-622 CIW Data Analyst syllabus online course material through our online portal. The CIW online course material gives students access to digital versions of the course books and includes: Pre-Assessment, Exercises, Quizes and Flashcards, Videos, and Practice Exams. (1 Year Online License).
- Hard copy of the official CIW course book covering the full CIW Data Analyst 1D0-622 syllabus. (Delivered within 5-10 working days).
Purchase a CIW Exam Voucher: You can also order an optional PSI Exam Voucher (£120.00) when ordering via our website (Valid for 12 months from purchase). This can be added to your order as an additional extra in the shopping cart.
- CIW Data Analyst Course Books (Online Access – 1 Year License & Hard Copy)
In the course students will learn how to identify typical sources of institutional knowledge, including Customer Relationship Management (CRM) applications, inventory management systems, transaction data, social media, marketing sources, industry systems. Students will compare and contrast structured and unstructured data in order to summarize how data can drive business decisions. The course also covers specific tactics for working with cloud-based data, including cloud-native data, migrating data to or from the cloud, backup procedures, security issues, and user training.
Students will learn ways to determine relationships between organizational efforts and business outcomes, extrapolate information using data obtained from new and traditional data sources, and ways to analyze and represent data. Students will also learn how ethics and security are vital parts of a Data Analyst’s responsibilities. The Data Analyst can compile the data from many sources, prepare and deliver an objective and unbiased presentation.
The course teaches the following skills: Identify typical sources of institutional knowledge, including Customer Relationship Management (CRM) applications, transaction data, social media, marketing sources; Compare and contrast structured and unstructured data; Deploy specific tactics for working with cloud-based data, including cloud-native data, migrating data to or from the cloud; Summarise ways that data is used to drive business decisions; Deploy tools for capturing and analysing data, including Hadoop, R Project, and custom database applications; Extrapolate information using data obtained from new and traditional data sources, including Web and social media logs, marketing, sales, technical support, customer relations; Determine relationships between organizational efforts and business outcomes; and Identify ways to capture and represent data, including creating dashboards (e.g., executive summaries), creating reports and charts, using traditional and Web-based tools.
Please review the full description of the course content for further information about the complete range of subjects.
The Online Course Content includes the following features:
- Exercises, Quizzes and Flashcards (Online Access – 1 Year License)
Each lesson comes with Exercises, Flashcards & Quizzes. There is no limit to the number of times learners can attempt these. Exercises come with detailed remediation, which ensures that learners are confident on the topic before proceeding. Flashcards help master the key concepts while the Glossary defines the key terms. There is over 800 unique questions including pre-assessment, quizzes, exercises, and post assessment.
- Videos and How To: (Online Access – 1 Year License)
The course includes videos to help understand concepts. It also includes How Tos that help learners in accomplishing certain tasks.
- Practice Tests (Online Access – 1 Year License)
The CIW Practice tests are full length tests that closely follow the exam objectives and are designed to simulate real exam conditions. Each course has a number of test sets consisting of hundreds of items to ensure that learners are prepared for the certification exam.
- Full Remediation: Each question comes with detailed remediation explaining not only why an answer option is correct, but also why it is incorrect.
- Unlimited Practice: Each test can be taken an unlimited number of times until the learner feels they are prepared. Learners can review the test and read detailed remediation. Detailed test history is also available.
- Learn, Test and Review Mode: Each test set comes with learn, test and review modes. In learn mode, learners will attempt a question and will get immediate feedback and complete remediation as they move on to the next question. In test mode, learners can take a timed test simulating the actual exam conditions. In review mode, learners can read through one item at a time without attempting it.
Please Note – Digital Course Materials: As the Official CIW Course Materials are a digital license, we cannot offer refunds once the access code has been issued to students. We advise students access a Free Trial of the course content from our Online Portal prior to purchase to make sure you are happy with the format and course content. Extensions for the online content can be purchased if you need to extend your studies. We will email students prior to their access expiring to see if they require a 3 or 6 month extension.
- PSI Exam Voucher (Optional – £120.00)
PSI Testing is a remote video proctoring service and allows you to take CIW exams from the comfort of your own home or office. The system requires an active webcam and stable high speed Internet connection. A live proctor will visually monitor the student and the exam during the entire testing session.
The CIW Data Analyst Course requires an understanding of spreadsheets, databases, business processes, web sites and coding. Suggested prerequisites are the CIW Internet Business Associate, CIW Site Development Associate, CIW Advanced HTML5 & CSS3 Specialist course, and CIW User Interface Designer, or equivalent knowledge.
Course Duration & Support:
Students may register at any time. The course is designed as a self-study course but you do have full support from our own support team and from CIW. As the course is self study you can complete in as little or as long a time as you prefer. Students are registered for a 12 month period but can extend their studies if required.
On Completion of this curriculum, students can apply for the internationally recognized CIW Data Analyst 1D0-622 Examination.
CIW exams are completed via the PSI Remote testing system. The exam consists of 48 questions over 75 minutes and the passing score is 75%.